STEQ America is hiring!
Do you have what it takes to be our next Technical Sales Representative?
STEQ America markets high-quality technical systems and delivers technical sales and support for European derived manufacturing and regulatory testing equipment to the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Nutraceutical, Cosmetic, and Chemical laboratories throughout North America.
STEQ America is intensely focused on developing sales relationships through matching the appropriate technology of its product range to the needs of our customers. We adopt management practices that deliver, efficiently and effectively, the anticipated results of these demanding markets. We are a dynamic team and part of a business that is growing quickly. We are looking for a passionate new member who shares our vision for continued success in this full-time role.
The Technical Sales Representative is a primarily externally based role which involves:
- Working in an appointed territory to represent one of our European manufactured product lines, selling physical testing and USP compliant lab equipment on behalf of STEQ America
- Working with all personnel and outside contacts to satisfy clients, establish and build lasting relationships and achieve company goals in a positive and professional manner
- Sourcing and locating relevant contacts and securing new sales, beyond those arriving through traditional marketing channels, for example, web leads
- Completing and maintaining accurate sales forecasts, key performance indicators (KPIs) and reporting
- Developing and submitting client quotations, with assistance from internal sales support
- Conducting ongoing customer needs analysis and research of customer requirements through direct discussions
- Taking responsibility for sales improvement initiatives and other assigned action items
- Assisting in customer support and, where required, escalating issues appropriately and in a timely fashion
- Performing routine follow up scheduled visits and cold calls
- Performing reporting functions on an ongoing and timely basis including quote follow up
- Identifying and developing new accounts
- Taking responsibility for and managing your client database
- Identifying areas of improvement in the company and assisting in creating and implementing solutions
- Arriving to work and meetings on time and prepared
- Maintaining work areas in a clean and organized manner
- Supplementary duties may also be required as instructed by the manager
Key Attributes and Skills
- Experience of laboratory equipment and/or test equipment for the pharmaceutical industry (ideal but not essential)
- Outstanding product knowledge, including technical and commercial understanding, as well as developed comprehension of competitor’s equipment. Training will be provided, where required
- Be an ethical salesperson, and go above and beyond to keep our customers loyal
- Driven to succeed through tenacious follow up and rigorous discipline – using both phone and email to effectively communicate and close sales
- The ability to source and locate relevant contacts and sales leads, beyond those arriving through traditional marketing channels
- Demonstrate exceptional listening skills
- The ability to naturally converse with clients and obtain the necessary information regarding the respective business opportunity, without appearing overly assertive
- Maintain a log of common customer questions and concerns, and develop solutions for these so as to respond to your customers on cue going forwards
- Manage your time effectively
- Learn from your peers and take advantage of networking opportunities, as they arise
- Must be available to work Monday to Friday, 8:30a.m. to 5:30p.m.
We are seeking to speak with those who possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a science/engineering subject, and at least 2-3 years of technical sales experience in a related field
- Experience of selling laboratory equipment a positive advantage
- Willingness to lead and develop business development and sales support
- Ability to use logic, planning and judgment to advance and accomplish goals
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills required
- IT skills in using Microsoft Office Suite, and a CRM system such as Salesforce.com
- Organizational/prioritization skills
What We Can Offer
- Base salary plus compensation, subject to experience
- Monthly car allowance
- Benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision HC insurance
If you think you have the potential to excel in this role we’d like to hear from you. Please email your resume to email@example.com to be considered.