STEQ America is hiring! Calling all Operational Engineers or Technicians
Do you have what it takes to be our next Field Support Engineer?
STEQ America is pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment sales distributor/agent based in Doylestown, PA. We market and sell, high quality equipment-based solutions, as well as deliver technical sales and support for top of the range European derived manufacturing and regulatory testing equipment to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and life science laboratories throughout North America.
We are passionately focused on developing solution-based sales relationships through matching the appropriate technology of our product range to the requirements of our customers.
STEQ America is looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, self-starter Field Support Engineer. This position will be responsible for post-sales activities including onsite surveys/meetings, technical project support, installation coordination, service support, and submission of service reports with customers and other internal STEQ America departments. The objective of this position is to drive post sales operational coordination, support and installation success, delivering exceptional customer satisfaction, maintaining long-term client relationships and trust, and delivering on time satisfaction and predicted levels of profitability.
This is a full-time experienced technical support role based in Doylestown, PA.
The position involves supporting capital equipment projects, downstream from receiving purchase orders. You will be an integral part of the Operational Team, supporting both equipment manufacturers and clients to make sure timelines are established and met, and installations progress seamlessly with outstanding communication, both verbal and written, with all stakeholders and suppliers.
The ideal candidates should be highly motivated to succeed, and a driven individual who can align with our company philosophy and objectives. We are looking for someone who has the ambition to grow within STEQ America and embrace future career opportunities, in this fast developing business.
Requirements of the position include:
- Provide post-sale technical and basic project support towards successful installation of equipment and projects
- Comprehend customer/user requirements and make appropriate recommendations in terms of installation and technical support
- Support customer factory acceptance tests (FAT) at select manufacturer locations
- Assist with project coordination for capital equipment installation, commissioning and operator training
- Basic equipment troubleshooting and repair, diagnosing errors or technical complications and determining proper solutions via phone and or directly on site
- Document service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records in a timely and accurate manner
- Coordinate incoming technical calls to ensure equipment support and troubleshooting, supplying appropriate documentation and client follow up
- Develop positive relationships with customers, and present a professional image while working on client sites, instilling confidence and professionalism
- Assist in implementing and as necessary, development and editing of, installation and project documentation for updates, format, and content
- Preparing and submitting post-sale customer service and maintenance proposals
- Ability to work under limited supervision where a certain degree of self-motivation, drive towards team success, and creativity will be required
- Follow company policies, procedures, and business ethics code
Key Attributes and Skills
Candidates should possess the following qualities and skills:
- Independence and an enthusiastic, self-starter mentality
- An outgoing and engaging personality
- Strong attention to detail
- Interest in working with a small but quickly growing team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and reporting skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- The ability to converse with clients at a technical level
- Some technical/operating knowledge of the pharma, biotech or life sciences industries, especially related to laboratory equipment, would be advantageous
- Be an ethical individual, and go above and beyond to retain customers loyalty
- Business travel is expected with a minimum frequency of 25% (almost exclusively during the week)
Your Experience and Qualifications
We are seeking to speak with those who possess:
- 2 years’ experience in a related or comparable role post degree
- BA/BS degree or equivalent technical/scientific education would be beneficial
What We Can Offer
- Comprehensive and detailed product training will be provided both by STEQ America and the equipment manufacturer(s)
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Benefits package (medical/vision/dental)
- Paid vacation
- The opportunity to work with a motivated, growing team
If you think you have the potential to excel in this role we’d like to hear from you. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.